Lori is a venture-backed start-up building the cutting-edge logistics infrastructure for trucking in Africa. The start-up is tackling a massive issue – $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, which means that up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics (compared to 6% in the US).
Lori’s tech-enabled and operations-driven marketplace efficiently connects transport to cargo. The supply chain management system brings transparency and has significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and cost savings (savings upwards of 18%). The company has experienced 30% month-over-month compounded growth since product launch in May 2017.
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially. To continue this pace of growth, Lori recently closed a landmark raise from globally leading institutional and strategic investors. The company won Techcrunch’s Battlefield Africa.
The Lori team of ~60 employees is led by nerds obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa:
• Josh Sandler, CEO: industrialization + logistics work, Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
• Jean-Claude Homawoo, CPO: Product Lead at Google, VP Strategy at iRoko; Harvard MBA, Togolese native
• Fredrik Johansson, COO: COO of $80mm Swedish supply chain co, MSc in Eng (thesis in Tanzania)
• S. Andrew Musoke, CCO: VP (Sales) at JP Morgan; United Tech; Harvard MBA, Ugandan native
• Gichini Ngaruiya, CTO: Y Combinator, co-founder/CTO of E la Carte (raised $50mm+), MIT CS, Kenyan native
Lori is seeking a Regional Head of Cargo, who will lead sales and business development while continuously improving Lori’s East African Cargo Sales teams. You will have full responsibility to ensure world class processes are in place for Lori’s cargo owners and that our partners get the best sales experience throughout East Africa. The successful candidate is extremely customer centric who excels on execution and continuous improvements. You are an experienced leader with a proven track record of development in a fast-paced environment.
Qualified applicants are invited to email their CV to Melody at: email@example.com